PASHA Bank, one of Azerbaijan’s largest banks, in partnership with the British Council Azerbaijan is pleased to announce the Aspirational Future, Writing Competition 2015.
The aim of the project is to address the issues of economic growth & development by involving the students of higher education institutions in the essay competition in order to encourage and support their active participation in future economic development of the country.
The project consists of presentations in various higher education institutions in Azerbaijan and training sessions for the selected students on essay writing skills, citation and avoiding plagiarism. Successful candidates will have opportunities to attend summer school on business and management in one of the prominent UK universities.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Participants should be students of selected universities between 18 and 22 years of age, citizens of Azerbaijan with permanent residence in this country.
The competition will be conducted among the students of the following Universities which expressed their interests for the participation in the project in 2015:
1. ADA University
2. Azerbaijan State University of Economics
3. Baku State University
4. Khazar University
5. Moscow State University Baku Branch
6. Qafqaz University
7. Sumgayit State University
8. Western University
WHICH STAGES ARE INVOLVED?
The project will be implemented in the following stages:
• Advertising the competition;
• Presentations at the selected universities followed by the application process;
• Training for the selected candidates on Essay Writing Skills, Citation and Avoiding Plagiarism conducted by the UK alumni;
• Essay competition and winners selection;
• Summer School for finalists on Business & Management at one of the prominent UK Universities.
The essays will be submitted in English and will cover the following themes:
1. Sustainability mechanisms of financial institutions
2. Non-financial reporting of financial institutions
3. Financial crisis brings new opportunities
4. The importance of intellectual capital in the globalization and economic growth of the country
5. Banking in Azerbaijan compared with the banking in the European countries
6. Importance of financial management and taxation
7. The role of IT sector in Azerbaijan economy
8. Skills of the 21st century: What kinds of skills are needed to build a successful career 9. How university and business enterprise partnerships can affect graduates and economic development of the country
Three winners will attend a summer school in one of the prominent UK Universities during July-August in 2015.
All participants will receive certificates on successful participation in the project by PASHA Bank and the British Council.
• Students will attend project presentations and submit applications;
• Selected students will attend training by UK alumni;
• Essay submissions on the indicated topics from students will be accepted till 30 April, 2015. Each participant can only submit an essay on one of the proposed themes;
• Participants must be between 18 and 22 years of age;
• Essays should not exceed 2000 words and should be written in English only;
• All essays must be original. No previously published material will be accepted. Any form of plagiarism will result in automatic disqualification. Please note that all essays will be screened with specialized software to verify plagiarism.
Pasha Bank and The British Council reserve the right to publish and/or to make available to the public the winning essays.
• The decision of the Jury is final and is not subject to an appeal. For more detailed information about the competition please contact:
Nigar Nasrullayeva, Education Officer, British Council Azerbaijan
T: 4971593, 4972013,