23/08/2013PASHA Bank and British Council with the support of the United Kingdom's Thomson Foundation are pleased to announce a special training programme for journalists. The project is aimed at helping the national media (broadcast, print and online media) strengthen their professional competencies and skills through a specifically designed comprehensive training programme which will address participants' journalistic skills. 10-15 participants will be selected to take part in the training sessions which will be held in Baku starting from November 2013. As a result of active participation at trainings and final interviews the selected two candidates will attend Thomson Foundation summer internship programme. English language courses will also be provided to the participants within the project.
We encourage journalists from all regions of Azerbaijan to apply for participation at the training.
Note: Previous participants of Business Journalism project can not apply.
The programme will focus on enhancing the following journalistic competencies and skills:
• different styles of story writing
• features writing skills
• news reporting
• news writing
• interviewing techniques and practices
The training will be based on the following themes:
• Ethics, balanced and fair reporting
• Economics journalism and online media
• Business journalism
Eligible participants must:
1. Have at least 2 years of working experience in journalism
2. Be working for national broadcast, print, electronic periodical or online media;
3. Be available for the below-mentioned training courses for an extended period of time which includes:
• 3 training sessions in Baku (5 full days each session in November 2013, January and April 2014)
• Summer Internship programme in the UK
Note: Participation at all training sessions is mandatory.
Selection process will include the following stages:
1. Application form and essays
2. Initial interviews to take part in the local trainings and English language courses
3. Interviews for the internship in the UK.
All interested applicants should download an application form from the British Council website www.britishcouncil.az and email to firstname.lastname@example.org together with CV not later than 20 September 2013.
Suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For further information please contact:
British Council Azerbaijan
T: + 994 12 497 15 93; + 994 12 497 20 13
F: + 994 12 498 92 36